FSC Mihan, India's largest automated distribution centre at Nagpur
A peek into this world class facility :
• Nagpur was selected because it is the zero mile and everything other than NE is within 800-1000 kms (3days transit time).
• Out of FSC’s 80 lakh sq ft warehousing space in India, 20 lakh sq ft of warehousing is in Nagpur and caters to fashion, furniture, home, food, consumer durables, electronics, general merchandise, Apollo and Tata motors (entire country’s after market commercial vehicle spares).
• Out of this MIHAN DC is 4 lakh sq ft and has inventory storage capacity of over 12 million pcs, outbound throughput capacity of over 4 lakhs pcs/day, cross belt sorter has capacity of 1 million units/day to send to 400 destinations at a time.
• Mihan DC is catering to various retail formats of Future group selling apparel, fashion, footwear and general merchandise products. Fashion for the entire country for its group companies is being managed from this central facility.
• The company believes that lifestyle being high value products should be in a centralized location like Nagpur as carry cost
is higher than freight cost.
Rajesh Mane, Central Zonal Head and Rahul Randhir, Zonal IT head gave the presentation. The event was organized by Pravin Panchbhai for members of VMA.